Last Updated on
It’s the second time this month I’ve put out three posts in one week, so if you haven’t read those yet, start there. While some of us had Monday off, I’m wrapping up a full five-day-week for me, and there’s a lot of quick things to get to!
- Did you see my first official post as Dupage County Brand Ambassador? Learn about affordable and world-class DuPage Theatre. I’ll give a full recap of my first DuPage Theatre experience next week.
- Just finished reading this non-fiction book on the history of neonatology and it’s so interesting!
- I also suggested that my husband read In the Garden of Beasts last week and it took him only three days to finish it. If you are into World War II history, this reads like a novel.
- I have been obsessed with this scent lately! It’s notes of silver cypress, cedar, and pine needles. It’s not at all Christmas-y, but instead much more woodsy and earthy. I LOVE it.
- For my Chicagoland people, the cold spell hitting the Midwest is ROUGH. Luckily, Hinsdale Furriers is having a sale and the goods are GREAT. Their gently used inventory is amazing and so well priced.
- The Ice Castles open in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin this weekend and they looks incredible. (The featured photo on this post is from the Ice Castles Instagram page.)
- Are you heading to Northern Michigan for any skiing or winter fun this year? If so, I highly recommend checking out the guided candlelight night hikes every Friday in Charlevoix.
- Do you like cider? Have you ever heard of a Wassail? Isn’t this the kind of quick trip that is once in a lifetime?
As a little life update, you may recall last year that we left our church last year when the marriage and family pastor told us we couldn’t get married at the church. I spent some time trying to find a new church home that was convenient and that I liked, but I really couldn’t find one where I felt I belonged. I found out that that pastor and the church parted ways not even 18 months after he was hired, which you can read into however you’d like. Long story short: I am back at my original church with the people that never pushed us away and never told us we couldn’t get married. It’s hard to recognize the red tape involved in bigger churches, but I’ve moved past the hurt and am glad to be back.
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- Seven Reasons You Should Visit the Animal Sanctuary Near Me - September 16, 2019
- Understanding German Wine Labels - September 11, 2019
- Classic Journeys Review: Luxury Touring? Oh Yes. - September 8, 2019
- All the Tools You’ll Need for a Blind Wine Tasting Party at Home - August 26, 2019
- 5 Reasons Why Northwest Montana Should Be Your Next Trip - August 11, 2019
- Three Crisp American Whites for the Dog Days of Summer - August 5, 2019
- Friday Fun in Itasca at Eaglewood Resort and Spa - July 24, 2019
- Stafford’s Perry Hotel: Where to Stay in Downtown Petoskey - June 28, 2019
- How a Sox Fan Survives Wrigley Field: Wine at Wrigley Field Concessions - June 25, 2019