Last Updated on February 3, 2020 by JaimeSays
It’s the second time this month I’ve put out three posts in one week, so if you haven’t read those yet, start there. While some of us had Monday off, I’m wrapping up a full five-day-week for me, and there’s a lot of quick things to get to!
- Did you see my first official post as Dupage County Brand Ambassador? Learn about affordable and world-class DuPage Theatre. I’ll give a full recap of my first DuPage Theatre experience next week.
- Just finished reading this non-fiction book on the history of neonatology and it’s so interesting!
- I also suggested that my husband read In the Garden of Beasts last week and it took him only three days to finish it. If you are into World War II history, this reads like a novel.
- I have been obsessed with this scent lately! It’s notes of silver cypress, cedar, and pine needles. It’s not at all Christmas-y, but instead much more woodsy and earthy. I LOVE it.
- For my Chicagoland people, the cold spell hitting the Midwest is ROUGH. Luckily, Hinsdale Furriers is having a sale and the goods are GREAT. Their gently used inventory is amazing and so well priced.
- The Ice Castles open in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin this weekend and they looks incredible. (The featured photo on this post is from the Ice Castles Instagram page.)
- Are you heading to Northern Michigan for any skiing or winter fun this year? If so, I highly recommend checking out the guided candlelight night hikes every Friday in Charlevoix. If that isn’t up your alley, try checking out the Mushroom Houses of Charlevoix instead.
- Do you like cider? Have you ever heard of a Wassail? Isn’t this the kind of quick trip that is once in a lifetime?
As a little life update, you may recall that we left our church last year when the marriage and family pastor told us we couldn’t get married at the church. I spent some time trying to find a new church home that was convenient and that I liked, but I really couldn’t find one where I felt I belonged. I have joined a new church after a few years of floundering. Along with other habits of health that I have adopted this year, I am feeling really good this winter and have no seasonal affective disorder to speak of.
- Birdwatching: One of the Best Attractions in Southwest Florida - January 13, 2021
- My Endometriosis Story - December 8, 2020
- 5 Ways to Enjoy German Riesling Wines This Holiday Season - November 24, 2020
- 9 Reasons to Visit Northern Idaho and Fall in Love - November 15, 2020
- An Introduction to Rogue Valley Wines with Awen Winecraft - October 12, 2020
- How to Spend a Weekend inNorthern Michigan - September 28, 2020
- Discover Other Oregon Wine Regions to Explore - September 9, 2020
- Easy At Home Cocktails with Spirit Hub - September 3, 2020
- Cheers to 4 Years of Socially Distant Travel Recommendations - August 28, 2020