Last Updated on September 28, 2022 by JaimeSays
It’s the second time this month I’ve put out three posts in one week, so if you haven’t read those yet, start there. While some of us had Monday off, I’m wrapping up a full five-day-week for me, and there’s a lot of quick things to get to!
- Did you see my first official post as Dupage County Brand Ambassador? Learn about affordable and world-class DuPage Theatre. I’ll give a full recap of my first DuPage Theatre experience next week.
- Just finished reading this non-fiction book on the history of neonatology and it’s so interesting!
- I also suggested that my husband read In the Garden of Beasts last week and it took him only three days to finish it. If you are into World War II history, this reads like a novel.
- I have been obsessed with this scent lately! It’s notes of silver cypress, cedar, and pine needles. It’s not at all Christmas-y, but instead much more woodsy and earthy. I LOVE it.
- For my Chicagoland people, the cold spell hitting the Midwest is ROUGH. Luckily, Hinsdale Furriers is having a sale and the goods are GREAT. Their gently used inventory is amazing and so well priced.
- The Ice Castles open in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin this weekend and they looks incredible. (The featured photo on this post is from the Ice Castles Instagram page.)
- Are you heading to Northern Michigan for any skiing or winter fun this year? If so, I highly recommend checking out the guided candlelight night hikes every Friday in Charlevoix. If that isn’t up your alley, try checking out the Mushroom Houses of Charlevoix instead.
- Do you like cider? Have you ever heard of a Wassail? Isn’t this the kind of quick trip that is once in a lifetime?
As a little life update, you may recall that we left our church last year when the marriage and family pastor told us we couldn’t get married at the church. I spent some time trying to find a new church home that was convenient and that I liked, but I really couldn’t find one where I felt I belonged. I have joined a new church after a few years of floundering. Along with other habits of health that I have adopted this year, I am feeling really good this winter and have no seasonal affective disorder to speak of.
- The Chicago Return of Spanish Great Match Does Not Disappoint - July 18, 2023
- Finding the Right House and the Right Movers - February 6, 2023
- Free Things to do in Wisconsin: Tour Two Frank Lloyd Wright Designs - January 8, 2023
- Love Architecture Travel?13 Cities with Architecture Open Houses - November 14, 2022
- An Afternoon with Bodegas Salentein - October 20, 2022
- Fall Wardrobe Staples - October 13, 2022
- 5 Small Town Midwest Architecture Tours Worth Taking - September 9, 2022
- Things to Do This Month in Chicagoland! - September 1, 2022
- I Hired an Interior Designer and Was Disappointed - November 10, 2021