Last Updated on April 30, 2019 by JaimeSays
It’s Friday! I’m so excited for the weekend. My best friend lives just a few blocks away from me, but I haven’t seen her in about two months. I’ll be spending some time babysitting her daughter this weekend and that is a real highlight for me. Chicago kind of plunged back into winter this week, so I plan to use my Chicago City Pass to do some research for a forthcoming blog post.
I hope to spend more time blogging about activities in Chicago now that winter is over. Real talk: I was the victim of a few (count ’em: three) property crimes in Chicago this winter and became pretty reluctant to leave my house on foot. Now that the sun stays out longer, I feel better about venturing out, especially in some of these March looks. In the meantime, here are a few interesting posts that I have been reading, hope you enjoy your weekend!
Naomi at Roaming The Americas wrote a great in-depth guide about responsible travel in the Maine Highlands. I lived in Maine for six months with my first job out of college, and unfortunately, I spent more time driving to Boston or New York than I did exploring Maine. It sounds like the perfect quiet travel getaway. I wish I had spent more time driving up into Maine; when I finally get the chance, I’m definitely using Naomi’s guides!
Mikkel from Sometimes Home wrote a piece that literally made my mouth water. I love sushi so her detailed experience at Japan’s best/most renowned sushi bar had me hanging on each word and photo. Although it doesn’t sound like it’s a perfect place for anxious travelers, I think it would be a case where my belly won out. I love sushi and want to go to Japan desperately, but my boyfriend HATES sushi so I’d have to leave him at home. I’m pretty sure my friend Shilpa would join me for an epic eating tour of Japan.
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- Why I Didn’t Share My Pregnancy - September 18, 2021
- Awesome Planters for Your Home - July 9, 2021
- 9 Must See Things to do in Columbus, Indiana - July 3, 2021
- Garden Advice for the Newly Suburban Beginning Gardener - June 20, 2021
- 6 Things I Learnedat the 2021 Maremma Toscana Wines of Tuscany Tasting - June 3, 2021
- Cocktails and Mocktails I’ve been Making at Home - April 6, 2021
- Birdwatching: One of the Best Attractions in Southwest Florida - January 13, 2021
- My Endometriosis Story - December 8, 2020
- 5 Ways to Enjoy German Riesling Wines This Holiday Season - November 24, 2020