Last Updated on February 2, 2018 by JaimeSays
Not only will I be participating in TBEX, the Travel Bloggers Exchange, I will also be spending my birthday with my friend and her family. With her husband, she takes care of twin two and a half year olds and a couple of dogs. I am particularly looking forward to spending my birthday with them, which is this weekend. It’s been about a year since I saw the twins so I am sure they will be little chatterboxes now that they are talking.
I had never shot a gun before, but my friend’s brother was in the military and helped us find our sight line. Safety was taken very seriously, and we were able to rent guns and buy ammunition and targets to participate. As the media likes to portray that the deep south is “Guns, God, and Glory,” heading to Larry’s Pistol and Pawn seemed especially appropriate.
After TBEX, I will be participating in a post-conference trip to the Alabama Gulf shore. Along with nine other bloggers, we will caravan down from Huntsville to the coast to explore and learn more about the area. As It has been more than 20 years since I last visited the gulf coast, I am looking forward to checking out the area. My hope is that this will be a somewhat quieter time of year to explore the area, and to learn about alternatives to
LINKS I’M LOVIN’
-I just heard about the bog bodies of Ireland. I was listening to the Amateur Traveler Podcast, the host of which I will be meeting in Alabama, and heard one of his guests mention the Bog Bodies. Did you know about these? How crazy!
-I also read this article about Christian Missionaries in Pyongyang prior to World War II. I had no idea Pyongyang had been the stronghold of Christianity in Asia in the first quarter of the 20th century.
–This article helps you to see if using your points for flights are a waste or worth it. One of the takeaways is that your points will go farther on long-haul business/first class flights than domestic business/first class. This is in comparison to how much the points would cost if purchased.
- Finding the Right House and the Right Movers - February 6, 2023
- Free Things to do in Wisconsin: Tour Two Frank Lloyd Wright Designs - January 8, 2023
- Love Architecture Travel?13 Cities with Architecture Open Houses - November 14, 2022
- An Afternoon with Bodegas Salentein - October 20, 2022
- Fall Wardrobe Staples - October 13, 2022
- 5 Small Town Midwest Architecture Tours Worth Taking - September 9, 2022
- Things to Do This Month in Chicagoland! - September 1, 2022
- I Hired an Interior Designer and Was Disappointed - November 10, 2021
- Why I Didn’t Share My Pregnancy - September 18, 2021
Leave a Comment