Last Updated on
Trying to figure out where to stay in Indianapolis? Staying at the Omni Severin Hotel is like stepping back into the glitz and glamour of days long ago. While modern fixtures and premium cable make up the rooms, the lobby and the building rest majestically along the street like a town elder with wisdom to share.
Built in 1913, the Omni Severin embodies the regal architecture of the day with grand entrances, symmetry, and an elegant ballroom. Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by friendly bellmen who offer to valet park your car. They may arrange for your luggage to be brought to your room. You’ll notice a beautiful train station across the street. Erected in 1853, Union Station was formerly the main transit hub for Indianapolis. Now, it serves as an event hall and convention hotel. More importantly, it is a gorgeous neighbor to the Omni Severin.
The main lobby of the hotel is open and spacious. There is ample seating for guests, a Starbucks, and the 1913, a full service restaurant and bar. Check-in at the front desk is efficient and, by joining the free Omni rewards program, Wi-fi is complimentary. Walk behind the front desk and the grandeur of the ballroom strikes swiftly. The chandelier, the original as it hung at the opening of the hotel in 1913, is huge and impressive, but with a delicate assemblage to convey lightness. Modeled after the chandelier aboard the Titanic, it is the sparkling jewel of the Omni Severin ballroom.
Rising 13 floors, even the standard hotel rooms are spacious, comfortable, and clean. I stayed on the 12th floor, right across from the Lucas Oil Stadium, and with a lovely panoramic view of Indianapolis. With two queen beds, a desk for work, and an additional lounge chair, there was abundant room to work and sleep. Looking for a place to eat? The Omni Severin is right in the heart of some of the best restaurants in Indianapolis.
The bathroom of the Omni Severin was large with ample lighting and space. For women, this is ideal as we often have hot hair tools and makeup bags with which we travel. As I was in town for a professional conference, I had a full arsenal of beauty products with me. I really appreciated the counter space when I was considering where to stay in Indianapolis. There was a problem, however: I forgot to bring my makeup remover on this trip. Luckily for me, the vanity kit included makeup removing wipes. That was the extra touch that made my stay that much more convenient.
Common Areas of the Omni Severin Hotel
All in all, my stay at the Omni Severin was outstanding. My takeaways were that I was able to sleep and work soundly without any noise issues from my neighbors. My internet access was reliable. I spent six hours working from my room without interruption. The staff I encountered were professional and courteous, and the location within the city center could not be beat.
Thank you to Visit Indy and Omni Hotels for hosting my stay at the Omni Severin in Indianapolis. As always, all opinions are my own.
* **If you are considering staying at the Omni Severin Hotel next time you are in Indianapolis, please click through my affiliate link. I may receive a small commission but it will in no way impact the cost of your stay.
WSET Level 2 Certified Wine Lover, DuPage County Brand Ambassador. DME + Orthotics By Day, Adoring Home Life and Travel by Night.
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- Holiday Gift Guide for the Entrepreneur / Blogger / Wannabe Influencer in Your Life - November 12, 2019
- What to Wear for Holiday Parties : Tights - November 11, 2019
- Making Space with NewAir 177-Can Black Stainless Steel Deluxe Beverage Fridge - November 10, 2019
- My DuPage County Superlatives - November 6, 2019
- A Flight of Zinfandel with The Federalist Wine - November 4, 2019
- Looking for Cooking Classes to Try? Look no Further than Pizza Classes (and more!) at the North American Pizza and Culinary Academy - October 25, 2019
- Three Types of Prosecco with Prosecco Mionetto - October 15, 2019
- Grassl Glass: Unique Wine Glasses for Wine Lovers - October 10, 2019
- I Threw the Least Instagrammable Party on the Planet and Here’s Why - October 4, 2019