Last Updated on
During the week, my hair routine is pretty boring. Down and straight, up and in a ponytail…I don’t stray very far from these styles. On the weekends, however, when I have more time to jazz things up, I usually do a side braid or some kind of curly style. I had never considered both curling my hair and putting it in a braid at the same time. That is, until I came across this fairly easy and unbelievably cute hairstyle from Tony Odisho.
First things first: On dry, one day dirty hair, I sprayed Tony Odisho’s Ostia Collection Volumizer Root Lifter into the roots of my hair and spread it through my hair. I had never used root lifter before, but I am now hooked. While it sprayed on white, it became colorless with drying and spread easily throughout my scalp. It created texture and a matte sheen on my locks, while also lifting my hair off my scalp for volume.
I’ve been in enough weddings to know that even when you are rocking an updo, you get your hair curled. I assume it adds dimension and makes any stray pieces look more polished. Tony Odisho makes an infrared curling wand if you are in the market for a new one. For my look, I used the Sultra Bombshell wand since its the one I own.
To make sure you get a proper amount of oomph on your crown and to make sure you don’t look too overdone, use your fingers or a comb to tease your hair. Then, again, with a wide toothed comb or your fingers, separate the curls a bit. I use a comb with a tail on it because I have so many cowlicks in my hair.
I never trusted myself to fishtail braid the back of my head. I have enough trouble keeping it together on the side, so this seemed daunting. In reality, with a few breaks to rest my arms, it was pretty easy. Starting with two small pieces of hair on the crown, gather one piece from each side of the head. Cross them over one another and make your way down to the nape of the neck. Hold in place with a rubber band.
Whether you tie the bandana on the tail of your braid or on the top of the head, the look is perfect for a barbeque or any daytime activity. I chose to wear the bandana like a headband.
Many thanks to Tony Odisho and Ostia Collection for the Sample Product and Style Inspiration!
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- Three Types of Prosecco with Prosecco Mionetto - October 15, 2019
- Grassl Glass: Unique Wine Glasses for Wine Lovers - October 10, 2019
- I Threw the Least Instagrammable Party on the Planet and Here’s Why - October 4, 2019
- Spending the Day with Austrian Wines and Perhaps the Next Austria’s Best Sommelier - October 1, 2019
- How do Oeyes Clothes Fit? - September 27, 2019
- Trying German Wines for Sale at Binny’s - September 22, 2019
- Seven Reasons You Should Visit the Animal Sanctuary Near Me - September 16, 2019
- Understanding German Wine Labels - September 11, 2019
- Classic Journeys Review: Luxury Touring? Oh Yes. - September 8, 2019