Last Updated on
During the week, my hair routine is pretty boring. Down and straight, up and in a ponytail…I don’t stray very far from these styles. On the weekends, however, when I have more time to jazz things up, I usually do a side braid or some kind of curly style. I had never considered both curling my hair and putting it in a braid at the same time. That is, until I came across this fairly easy and unbelievably cute hairstyle from Tony Odisho.
First things first: On dry, one day dirty hair, I sprayed Tony Odisho’s Ostia Collection Volumizer Root Lifter into the roots of my hair and spread it through my hair. I had never used root lifter before, but I am now hooked. While it sprayed on white, it became colorless with drying and spread easily throughout my scalp. It created texture and a matte sheen on my locks, while also lifting my hair off my scalp for volume.
I’ve been in enough weddings to know that even when you are rocking an updo, you get your hair curled. I assume it adds dimension and makes any stray pieces look more polished. Tony Odisho makes an infrared curling wand if you are in the market for a new one. For my look, I used the Sultra Bombshell wand since its the one I own.
To make sure you get a proper amount of oomph on your crown and to make sure you don’t look too overdone, use your fingers or a comb to tease your hair. Then, again, with a wide toothed comb or your fingers, separate the curls a bit. I use a comb with a tail on it because I have so many cowlicks in my hair.
I never trusted myself to fishtail braid the back of my head. I have enough trouble keeping it together on the side, so this seemed daunting. In reality, with a few breaks to rest my arms, it was pretty easy. Starting with two small pieces of hair on the crown, gather one piece from each side of the head. Cross them over one another and make your way down to the nape of the neck. Hold in place with a rubber band.
Whether you tie the bandana on the tail of your braid or on the top of the head, the look is perfect for a barbeque or any daytime activity. I chose to wear the bandana like a headband.
Many thanks to Tony Odisho and Ostia Collection for the Sample Product and Style Inspiration!
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- 5 Easy Habits of Health to Try This Year - January 28, 2020
- Ottawa's Winterlude Canada: What to Expect - January 20, 2020
- 5 Most Amazing Historic Villas to Visit in Tuscany - January 6, 2020
- Enjoying the Holidays With a Break! - December 30, 2019
- Quashing Imposter Syndrome Over100% Semillon with Château Climens - December 8, 2019
- Fast Facts I Learned from a Master Class on Simply Italian Great Wines: Asti Spumante, DOC delle Venezia, Franciacorta, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano, and Friuli - November 20, 2019
- Holiday Gift Guide for the Entrepreneur / Blogger / Wannabe Influencer in Your Life - November 12, 2019
- What to Wear for Holiday Parties : Tights - November 11, 2019
- Making Space with NewAir 177-Can Black Stainless Steel Deluxe Beverage Fridge - November 10, 2019