Last Updated on
During the week, my hair routine is pretty boring. Down and straight, up and in a ponytail…I don’t stray very far from these styles. On the weekends, however, when I have more time to jazz things up, I usually do a side braid or some kind of curly style. I had never considered both curling my hair and putting it in a braid at the same time. That is, until I came across this fairly easy and unbelievably cute hairstyle from Tony Odisho.
First things first: On dry, one day dirty hair, I sprayed Tony Odisho’s Ostia Collection Volumizer Root Lifter into the roots of my hair and spread it through my hair. I had never used root lifter before, but I am now hooked. While it sprayed on white, it became colorless with drying and spread easily throughout my scalp. It created texture and a matte sheen on my locks, while also lifting my hair off my scalp for volume.
I’ve been in enough weddings to know that even when you are rocking an updo, you get your hair curled. I assume it adds dimension and makes any stray pieces look more polished. Tony Odisho makes an infrared curling wand if you are in the market for a new one. For my look, I used the Sultra Bombshell wand since its the one I own.
To make sure you get a proper amount of oomph on your crown and to make sure you don’t look too overdone, use your fingers or a comb to tease your hair. Then, again, with a wide toothed comb or your fingers, separate the curls a bit. I use a comb with a tail on it because I have so many cowlicks in my hair.
I never trusted myself to fishtail braid the back of my head. I have enough trouble keeping it together on the side, so this seemed daunting. In reality, with a few breaks to rest my arms, it was pretty easy. Starting with two small pieces of hair on the crown, gather one piece from each side of the head. Cross them over one another and make your way down to the nape of the neck. Hold in place with a rubber band.
Whether you tie the bandana on the tail of your braid or on the top of the head, the look is perfect for a barbeque or any daytime activity. I chose to wear the bandana like a headband.
Many thanks to Tony Odisho and Ostia Collection for the Sample Product and Style Inspiration!
- Wild Caught Fish and Sustainable Food Delivery with Sitka Salmon Shares - May 22, 2020
- Mostly Free Online WorkoutsI’ve Sworn By During Quarantine (and Then Some) - April 21, 2020
- 6 Fun Activities for When Your Grand Rapids Weekendis Rained Out - April 15, 2020
- Where to Grab a Drink in Whitefish, Montana - March 8, 2020
- How to Serve Chardonnay Without Losing Friends - March 3, 2020
- Whitefish Montana Restaurants: Where to Eat in Whitefish Montana - February 20, 2020
- Handpicked Wines: Some of the Best Pinot Noir Australia has to Offer - February 9, 2020
- Shoes on Sale for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- 5 Easy Habits of Health to Try This Year - January 28, 2020