Last Updated on
I have tried a lot of memorable wines this year. I knew I wanted to break out something new, but also bring a reliable wine that my family had enjoyed before. My price point was under $20 as I also cooked some mashed parsnips, potatoes, and brought some champagne.
I decided on going back to 9 Lives Malbec Reserve. Full disclosure: I had received a bottle of 9 Lives Malbec Reserve earlier in the year and my family loved it. This is how much they left for me when I came home from Cantabria:
But, I ran out of time before Thanksgiving. Luckily, I grabbed the 9 Lives Cabernet from my wine fridge and brought it to my family get together. Overall, it was a big hit! Here are the highlights of this Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon:
9 Lives Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Notes:
- A soft mouthfeel, not tannic
- Significant vanilla and a touch of baking spices from the oak aging
- Red currant and bit spicy, not overpowering
Overall, this $10/bottle wine is pleasant, a crowd pleaser at a holiday gathering, and tastes much more expensive than it was.
Many Thanks to 9 Lives Wine for providing sample wine for this post.
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- Ottawa's Winterlude Canada: What to Expect - January 20, 2020
- 5 Most Amazing Historic Villas to Visit in Tuscany - January 6, 2020
- Enjoying the Holidays With a Break! - December 30, 2019
- Quashing Imposter Syndrome Over100% Semillon with Château Climens - December 8, 2019
- Fast Facts I Learned from a Master Class on Simply Italian Great Wines: Asti Spumante, DOC delle Venezia, Franciacorta, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano, and Friuli - November 20, 2019
- Holiday Gift Guide for the Entrepreneur / Blogger / Wannabe Influencer in Your Life - November 12, 2019
- What to Wear for Holiday Parties : Tights - November 11, 2019
- Making Space with NewAir 177-Can Black Stainless Steel Deluxe Beverage Fridge - November 10, 2019
- My DuPage County Superlatives - November 6, 2019