Last Updated on January 19, 2020 by JaimeSays
I have tried a lot of memorable wines this year. I knew I wanted to break out something new, but also bring a reliable wine that my family had enjoyed before. My price point was under $20 as I also cooked some mashed parsnips, potatoes, and brought some champagne.
I decided on going back to 9 Lives Malbec Reserve. Full disclosure: I had received a bottle of 9 Lives Malbec Reserve earlier in the year and my family loved it. This is how much they left for me when I came home from Cantabria:
But, I ran out of time before Thanksgiving. Luckily, I grabbed the 9 Lives Cabernet from my wine fridge and brought it to my family get together. Overall, it was a big hit! Here are the highlights of this Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon:
9 Lives Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Notes:
- A soft mouthfeel, not tannic
- Significant vanilla and a touch of baking spices from the oak aging
- Red currant and bit spicy, not overpowering
Overall, this $10/bottle wine is pleasant, a crowd pleaser at a holiday gathering, and tastes much more expensive than it was.
Many Thanks to 9 Lives Wine for providing sample wine for this post.
- Birdwatching: One of the Best Attractions in Southwest Florida - January 13, 2021
- My Endometriosis Story - December 8, 2020
- 5 Ways to Enjoy German Riesling Wines This Holiday Season - November 24, 2020
- 9 Reasons to Visit Northern Idaho and Fall in Love - November 15, 2020
- An Introduction to Rogue Valley Wines with Awen Winecraft - October 12, 2020
- How to Spend a Weekend inNorthern Michigan - September 28, 2020
- Discover Other Oregon Wine Regions to Explore - September 9, 2020
- Easy At Home Cocktails with Spirit Hub - September 3, 2020
- Cheers to 4 Years of Socially Distant Travel Recommendations - August 28, 2020