Last Updated on
I have tried a lot of memorable wines this year. I knew I wanted to break out something new, but also bring a reliable wine that my family had enjoyed before. My price point was under $20 as I also cooked some mashed parsnips, potatoes, and brought some champagne.
I decided on going back to 9 Lives Malbec Reserve. Full disclosure: I had received a bottle of 9 Lives Malbec Reserve earlier in the year and my family loved it. This is how much they left for me when I came home from Spain:
But, I ran out of time before Thanksgiving. Luckily, I grabbed the 9 Lives Cabernet from my wine fridge and brought it to my family get together. Overall, it was a big hit! Here are the highlights of this Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon:
9 Lives Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Notes:
- A soft mouthfeel, not tannic
- Significant vanilla and a touch of baking spices from the oak aging
- Red currant and bit spicy, not overpowering
Overall, this $10/bottle wine is pleasant, a crowd pleaser at a holiday gathering, and tastes much more expensive than it was.
Many Thanks to 9 Lives Wine for providing sample wine for this post.
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- Seven Reasons You Should Visit the Animal Sanctuary Near Me - September 16, 2019
- Understanding German Wine Labels - September 11, 2019
- Classic Journeys Review: Luxury Touring? Oh Yes. - September 8, 2019
- All the Tools You’ll Need for a Blind Wine Tasting Party at Home - August 26, 2019
- 5 Reasons Why Northwest Montana Should Be Your Next Trip - August 11, 2019
- Three Crisp American Whites for the Dog Days of Summer - August 5, 2019
- Friday Fun in Itasca at Eaglewood Resort and Spa - July 24, 2019
- Stafford’s Perry Hotel: Where to Stay in Downtown Petoskey - June 28, 2019
- How a Sox Fan Survives Wrigley Field: Wine at Wrigley Field Concessions - June 25, 2019