Last Updated on
I have tried a lot of memorable wines this year. I knew I wanted to break out something new, but also bring a reliable wine that my family had enjoyed before. My price point was under $20 as I also cooked some mashed parsnips, potatoes, and brought some champagne.
I decided on going back to 9 Lives Malbec Reserve. Full disclosure: I had received a bottle of 9 Lives Malbec Reserve earlier in the year and my family loved it. This is how much they left for me when I came home from Cantabria:
But, I ran out of time before Thanksgiving. Luckily, I grabbed the 9 Lives Cabernet from my wine fridge and brought it to my family get together. Overall, it was a big hit! Here are the highlights of this Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon:
9 Lives Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Notes:
- A soft mouthfeel, not tannic
- Significant vanilla and a touch of baking spices from the oak aging
- Red currant and bit spicy, not overpowering
Overall, this $10/bottle wine is pleasant, a crowd pleaser at a holiday gathering, and tastes much more expensive than it was.
Many Thanks to 9 Lives Wine for providing sample wine for this post.
- Wild Caught Fish and Sustainable Food Delivery with Sitka Salmon Shares - May 22, 2020
- Mostly Free Online WorkoutsI’ve Sworn By During Quarantine (and Then Some) - April 21, 2020
- 6 Fun Activities for When Your Grand Rapids Weekendis Rained Out - April 15, 2020
- Where to Grab a Drink in Whitefish, Montana - March 8, 2020
- How to Serve Chardonnay Without Losing Friends - March 3, 2020
- Whitefish Montana Restaurants: Where to Eat in Whitefish Montana - February 20, 2020
- Handpicked Wines: Some of the Best Pinot Noir Australia has to Offer - February 9, 2020
- Shoes on Sale for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- 5 Easy Habits of Health to Try This Year - January 28, 2020