Last Updated on
As a wine lover, I get the opportunity to try new wines and also, new gadgets. An aerator and wine dispenser in one, the VinOstream is a small and easy to use tool for everyday use or when hosting a meal at home. Inside the package is a rubberized wine cork attached to a wine-dispensing nozzle, a plastic tube to connect to the nozzle and insert into the bottle, and two air canisters.
I tried out the product on a bottle of Montelpuciano d’Abruzzo that has bested me recently. As anyone who knows a thing or two about wine knows that bold reds and aged wines sometimes need aeration. Not all the time, but occasionally. This wine was the perfect bottle to try out the aerator. Right out of the bottle, this particular vintage of Simply Great Italian Wine tastes like pure dirt or manure. Not appealing! Even with a simple decanting, it took about an hour for the wine to taste pleasant. With a quick use of the VinOstream, the wine was instantly drinkable. Instead of dirt, it tasted like dark fruit and leather. Particularly good, Italian leather. What I had previously waited for one hour for, only took moments. I was so pleasantly surprised by the efficacy of the VinOstream, I highly recommend it for any wine lovers in your life. If your loved ones don’t like wine, maybe indulge them in a day spa in Chicago.
A VinoStream Word
Of note: Human error is real. The directions on the box seem to indicate to press down the air canister into the top of the wine to prep it. Don’t do that without a glass underneath otherwise you will get wine everywhere, as shown in the video above. Simply place the air canister into the top of the wine bottle without pressing down. Once you are ready to fill your glass, then you can push down on the air canister.
The VinOstream has been rebranded as the Corkpop Legacy Opener and you can get yours here.
Want to Know What Wines I’ve Been Using with my VinoStream?
Read about some of the wines I’ve been trying this season:
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- Ottawa's Winterlude Canada: What to Expect - January 20, 2020
- 5 Most Amazing Historic Villas to Visit in Tuscany - January 6, 2020
- Enjoying the Holidays With a Break! - December 30, 2019
- Quashing Imposter Syndrome Over100% Semillon with Château Climens - December 8, 2019
- Fast Facts I Learned from a Master Class on Simply Italian Great Wines: Asti Spumante, DOC delle Venezia, Franciacorta, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano, and Friuli - November 20, 2019
- Holiday Gift Guide for the Entrepreneur / Blogger / Wannabe Influencer in Your Life - November 12, 2019
- What to Wear for Holiday Parties : Tights - November 11, 2019
- Making Space with NewAir 177-Can Black Stainless Steel Deluxe Beverage Fridge - November 10, 2019
- My DuPage County Superlatives - November 6, 2019