Last Updated on May 6, 2021 by JaimeSays
Pack and Plan Well in Advance
Bring your Comfort Items in Your Carry-On Luggage
Avoid Caffeine and Alcohol
Notify an Accountability Partner
Prepare Various Coping Techniques
- Take deep breaths, making sure to exhale at half the rate of your inhale. If you are breathing in for four counts, hold your breath for two, and then release over eight counts.
- If you use calming points, apply pressure for 30 seconds on one of these spots. The center point right above the bridge of your nose and the point where your middle finger meets your palm are acupressure points used to promote grounding and awareness in uncomfortable situations.
- Packing lavender scented lotion or calming oil to ease your nerves.
- Finally, downloading podcasts or listening to an audiobook is a great distraction away from your anxiety and toward something else. Depending on your ability to focus, try podcasts that aren’t too complex and of various lengths. The Memory Palace, and Anxiety Slayer are diverse options worth checking out.
- Garden Advice for the Newly Suburban Beginning Gardener - June 20, 2021
- 6 Things I Learnedat the 2021 Maremma Toscana Wines of Tuscany Tasting - June 3, 2021
- Cocktails and Mocktails I’ve been Making at Home - April 6, 2021
- Birdwatching: One of the Best Attractions in Southwest Florida - January 13, 2021
- My Endometriosis Story - December 8, 2020
- 5 Ways to Enjoy German Riesling Wines This Holiday Season - November 24, 2020
- 9 Reasons to Visit Northern Idaho and Fall in Love - November 15, 2020
- An Introduction to Rogue Valley Wines with Awen Winecraft - October 12, 2020
- How to Spend a Weekend inNorthern Michigan - September 28, 2020