Last Updated on
Two Fridays ago, I woke up with a crick in my neck. An “I-can’t-turn-my-head” crick. I knew this would be bad news for the golf date my husband and I had planned after work. Then it hit me: if I could get a massage while my husband kept our golf date, we’d both be happy. So, I called over to the Eaglewood Resort and Spa to see if they had any same day availability for nine holes of golf and a 90-minute deep tissue massage later that day. Lucky for us: they did.
My husband took the news well when I told him I couldn’t join him, but he could still golf. And so, after work, we drove the 15 or so minutes from my office in Downers Grove to Eaglewood Resort and Spa in Itasca, Illinois.
When we arrived at Eaglewood Resort and Spa, my husband headed to the golf course and I scooted over to the spa. Note: when you drive in, head to the parking lot to the left of the resort entrance as this is where the spa and golf area is.
The entrance of the spa is tucked away near the indoor pool on the property. It is not in the main hotel, so do not head to the main entrance. Follow the signs toward the pool and fitness center. When you enter, the spa will be the first set of doors on your right.
Once inside, a friendly receptionist leads you to the women’s changing area and your locker. Inside is a fluffy robe, slippers, and a towel.
While I was comfortably waiting for massage with Stanley, my husband headed out to the golf course. To match our schedules up, he elected on playing only nine holes. He said that it was not crowded, and he was able to play at a comfortable pace. He chose to walk the course, and played the back nine since a wedding was set up on the first hole.
Thoughts on a Night at Eaglewood Resort and Spa
Independently, my husband and I really enjoyed our activities at Eaglewood. In the time it took my husband to warm up, play nine holes, and shower, I was able to get a heavenly 90 minute deep tissue massage and shower as well. We had such a nice time participating in the activities that we wanted, and were understandably hungry by the time we finished.
Because there was a wedding taking place in Burnham’s, we had dinner at Prairie River. If you like live music and bocce ball while you wait, this is a fun spot for you. I am not a fan of live music at dinner, so we headed to the restaurant before the band started. In general, I would recommend the wings, but I thought the restaurant was a bit pricey for what it was.
- Places to Consider a City Escape (For Your Sanity!) - August 6, 2020
- Wacky Wine Exploration with Split Rail Winery - July 21, 2020
- Wild Caught Fish and Sustainable Food Delivery with Sitka Salmon Shares - May 22, 2020
- Mostly Free Online WorkoutsI’ve Sworn By During Quarantine (and Then Some) - April 21, 2020
- 6 Fun Activities for When Your Grand Rapids Weekendis Rained Out - April 15, 2020
- Where to Grab a Drink in Whitefish, Montana - March 8, 2020
- How to Serve Chardonnay Without Losing Friends - March 3, 2020
- Whitefish Montana Restaurants: Where to Eat in Whitefish Montana - February 20, 2020
- Handpicked Wines: Some of the Best Pinot Noir Australia has to Offer - February 9, 2020