Last Updated on
This post is sponsored by Wine of Germany.
If you don’t have much experience with German wines, consider yourself in luck: September is German Wine Month at the 40 Binny’s locations across Illinois. Highlights include month long German wine sales and tastings at individual stores. Learn about German wine styles, how to read German wine labels, and wine regions of Germany.
One thing that you certainly must consider is how affordable German wines can be. I picked up six bottles of German wines for sale at Binny’s for under $100.00. That included tax and was before special September pricing was in effect. You may be thinking, “Well sure, anyone can buy six crappy wines for under $100,” but, these are good wines!
I chose a variety of different styles of German wines for sale at Binny’s. Some of them I had tried before, and some I hadn’t.
Look, I’m only WSET Level 2 certified, work in an office 40+ hours a week, and am the only wine drinker in my house. I’m still a newbie!
Some of the German Wines for Sale at Binny’s That I Tried…
|2017 Dr. H Thanisch Riesling|
|Made with 100% Riesling Grapes from the Mosel Valley|
|Clear, Pale Lemon/Straw in Color|
|Aromas of Stone, Wet Forest Floor, and Candied Lime|
|Off Dry on the Palate, High Acid, Medium Body, Long Somewhat Chalky Finish|
|Tastes of Saline, Chamomile, Lemon, Grapefruit, and Gooseberry.|
|$19.99 per 750 mL|
|2016 Dr. Heyden alte Reben Silvaner Trocken|
|Made with 100% Silvaner Grapes from Rheinhessen Region|
|Clear, Pale Lemon/Straw Color|
|Clean and Pronounced Aromas of Lime, Mustard Seed, Slate, Green Beans, and Pear|
|Super Juicy, Medium-High Acidity, Light Bodied and Short Finish|
|Flavors of Lemon, Stone, White Pepper, Grass, and Green Olive|
|$11.99 per 750 mL|
|2015 Rudi Wiest Selections Hooked Spatburgunder|
|100% Pinot Noir Grapes from Baden|
|Clear, Medium Ruby in Color with Garnet Rim|
|Clean, Pronounced Barnyard and Leather Aroma|
|Light Body, Medium Acidity, Medium Tannins|
|Flavors of Wet Saddle Leather, Red Currant, Cherry Cola, Crushed Granite|
|$17.95 for 750mL|
Do you have any German wines for sale in the U.S. that you recommend? If so, please leave a comment!
- Wild Caught Fish and Sustainable Food Delivery with Sitka Salmon Shares - May 22, 2020
- Mostly Free Online WorkoutsI’ve Sworn By During Quarantine (and Then Some) - April 21, 2020
- 6 Fun Activities for When Your Grand Rapids Weekendis Rained Out - April 15, 2020
- Where to Grab a Drink in Whitefish, Montana - March 8, 2020
- How to Serve Chardonnay Without Losing Friends - March 3, 2020
- Whitefish Montana Restaurants: Where to Eat in Whitefish Montana - February 20, 2020
- Handpicked Wines: Some of the Best Pinot Noir Australia has to Offer - February 9, 2020
- Shoes on Sale for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- 5 Easy Habits of Health to Try This Year - January 28, 2020