Last Updated on August 28, 2020 by JaimeSays
It seems that people fall into one of two camps during the strange times of the coronavirus. Either they are working out much more than usual, or not really doing much in terms of home fitness. At my house, we lean toward the working out more than usual. We also have found some time to enjoy some socially distant travel. While every weekend we seem to be clearing out our yard, gardening, or splitting wood, during the week, there are some free online workouts that I have sworn by.
- Y7 Studio started quarantine offering two free online workouts of 50 minute yoga flows to their IGTV per week. They have now switched to a different platform with a 7-day free trial and then paid classes, but there are still five available full length classes on their IGTV.
- Avolve Fitness is a relatively newer gym with 8 locations in Chicagoland. They have just started offering online videos of strength training to incorporate into your home workout!
- Versa5Studio offers some live jazz/hip hop classes on IG Live as well as barre classes on demand on their Vimeo page. Follow their IG to learn about the live classes. I can’t wait to get back to the studio for dance!
- Energie Pilates classes kick my butt. They offer a variety of Barre, Pilates, and HIIT classes, and post them all on Facebook Live. These remain posted for on demand workouts! I get the sweatiest of all my workouts when I take an Energie Pilates class. When Illinois reopens, I highly recommend checking out their reformer studio classes!
- My sister-in-law is a Body Pump teacher at Wisconsin Athletic Club and her gym is offering daily, free online workouts through their Facebook page. The posts stay up for on demand access at anytime. From strength training to HIIT, I can see why she joined this gym!
- One of my husband’s college friends is a Strength and Conditioning Coach for the athletic teams at the University of Colorado! Along with other trainers and coaches, we can all #TrainWithTheBuffs thanks to their Instagram videos! No wonder college athletes are in such great shape.
- Yoga By Degrees offers daily classes through zoom by registering for their online classes through Mind Body Online. You have to select the “Elmhurst” location in order to get the online class offerings for the week.
- Because I’ve been taking diverse classes and getting pretty sore, my IT band is tight! StretchLab has various locations throughout the US but StretchLab Old Town offers free dance/stretch classes once a week or more, and StretchLab Willowbrook offers four stretch classes a week as well. I can’t wait to try them in person.
- Womeness Community in Boise offers guided meditations every Monday at 8pm Mountain Time, as well as various movement, dance, and yoga classes on their IGTV page. Definitely will be trying a class of theirs when I am next in Boise.
- Midwest Strength and Performance trainers are no joke. Many of their classes are for members only, but they do post snippets of their HIIT circuits on IGTV. If you have gym props, this will be up your alley.
I would love for you to share some of your favorite platforms for free online workouts. I think it’s a great way to learn about new gyms and classes in my area (and around the country) and then support them when quarantine is lifted. Many of them offer a link to provide donations to the teachers as well. Please leave a comment to share any of the free online workouts you have been using during this time!
- Free Things to do in Wisconsin: Tour Two Frank Lloyd Wright Designs - January 8, 2023
- Love Architecture Travel?13 Cities with Architecture Open Houses - November 14, 2022
- An Afternoon with Bodegas Salentein - October 20, 2022
- Fall Wardrobe Staples - October 13, 2022
- 5 Small Town Midwest Architecture Tours Worth Taking - September 9, 2022
- Things to Do This Month in Chicagoland! - September 1, 2022
- I Hired an Interior Designer and Was Disappointed - November 10, 2021
- Why I Didn’t Share My Pregnancy - September 18, 2021
- Awesome Planters for Your Home - July 9, 2021