Last Updated on June 28, 2019 by JaimeSays
Have you seen the pictures of miles and miles of lavender fields in Provence? It’s purple for as far as the eye can see and has been one of those bucket list experiences that I hope to experience in my life. The prospect of going that far to hassle with a crowd of people trying to experience the same thing makes me want to keep it as it is, a perfect dream. Well, you need not go that far nor have to deal with those kind of crowds when instead, you can head to a lavender farm here in the Midwest. A gorgeous getaway to Charlevoix County with it’s Caribbean blue waters and delicious wineries, is crowned with a June or July visit to Lavender Hill Farms.
What to See at Lavender Hill Farm in Michigan
With 33 acres of lavender, Lavender Hill Farm is quite the sight to behold. Lavender is arranged in different plots on this lavender farm, with each plot having a different name. There are 25 different varietals, with variations in color and flavor. There is white, purple, and pink lavender on the property. Look closely, and you’ll even see an American flag within the growth.
Not only is this a working lavender farm, it’s also an event space and music venue. Lavender Hill Farm hosts yoga, painting, movie nights for adults and for kids, Friday night festivals, and The Series. Live music held in a gorgeous, remodeled 100-year-old barn, these intimate concerts are worth scheduling a trip.
Not Just a Lavender Farm, but Also…
- A bee hive sanctuary with 9 hives and between 80,000-100,000 honey bees
- Home to a 35-foot-deep sunflower patch
- A lavender product filled shop with lavender toiletries, food, drinks and more
- A fun place to take a date or hang with friends
- Home to spring and fall festivals among the lavender
- A concert venue
- A movie theatre
- A purveyor of lavender wine
- One of the most instagrammable spots of Northern Michigan
Lavender Hill Farm Details
Lavender Hill Farm is open each year from May to the end of October. In 2019, the seasons is from May 10-October 27, 2019. They are open from 10 AM to 5 PM daily and the cost of a tour is $5/person. For more information about activities and events, visit https://lavenderhillfarm.com/.
Many thanks to Visit Charlevoix and Lavender Hill Farms for hosting my visit. All opinions are my own.
- I Hired an Interior Designer and Was Disappointed - November 10, 2021
- Why I Didn’t Share My Pregnancy - September 18, 2021
- Awesome Planters for Your Home - July 9, 2021
- 9 Must See Things to do in Columbus, Indiana - July 3, 2021
- Garden Advice for the Newly Suburban Beginning Gardener - June 20, 2021
- 6 Things I Learnedat the 2021 Maremma Toscana Wines of Tuscany Tasting - June 3, 2021
- Cocktails and Mocktails I’ve been Making at Home - April 6, 2021
- Birdwatching: One of the Best Attractions in Southwest Florida - January 13, 2021
- My Endometriosis Story - December 8, 2020