Last Updated on
In the course of five minutes today, it downpoured, snowed, and hailed. I had no idea this kind of crazy weather was coming, but it reminded me of how cold I was for date night this weekend. I had to wear a scarf and my faux fur coat! You’ll always want to be prepared for a quick outfit change.
March in Chicago is fickle: some Saint Patrick’s Days I am wearing my favorite winter pullovers and other times it is coatless in sandals. I am hoping the latter is the case this year, but after today’s weather, I am not too hopeful.
This is one of my favorite funky looks for a night out. It is inspired by Jennifer Lawrence in American Hustle. As soon as I saw that movie, I started wearing big earrings, loud faux fur, and body hugging clothes. I know Eddie thinks it’s a little…loud, but call it the Midwest in me, I adore a late seventies early eighties homage now and again. Some people believe they were born in the wrong era or decade; I am happy with athleisure casual most days. It’s just a day that starts warm and ends cold and blustery that brings out the Studio 54 in me.
Except for the pants and the tank, all the items from this look are sold out. You can recreate the look with your own blend of contrasting faux fur jacket, dangly earring, and stacked heel bootie.
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- Wild Caught Fish and Sustainable Food Delivery with Sitka Salmon Shares - May 22, 2020
- Mostly Free Online WorkoutsI’ve Sworn By During Quarantine (and Then Some) - April 21, 2020
- 6 Fun Activities for When Your Grand Rapids Weekendis Rained Out - April 15, 2020
- Where to Grab a Drink in Whitefish, Montana - March 8, 2020
- How to Serve Chardonnay Without Losing Friends - March 3, 2020
- Whitefish Montana Restaurants: Where to Eat in Whitefish Montana - February 20, 2020
- Handpicked Wines: Some of the Best Pinot Noir Australia has to Offer - February 9, 2020
- Shoes on Sale for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- 5 Easy Habits of Health to Try This Year - January 28, 2020