Last Updated on
In the course of five minutes today, it downpoured, snowed, and hailed. I had no idea this kind of crazy weather was coming, but it reminded me of how cold I was for date night this weekend. I had to wear a scarf and my faux fur coat!
March in Chicago is fickle: some Saint Patrick’s Days I am wearing my favorite winter pullovers and other times it is coatless in sandals. I am hoping the latter is the case this year, but after today’s weather, I am not too hopeful.
This is one of my favorite funky looks for a night out. It is inspired by Jennifer Lawrence in American Hustle. As soon as I saw that movie, I started wearing big earrings, loud faux fur, and body hugging clothes. I know Eddie thinks it’s a little…loud, but call it the Midwest in me, I adore a late seventies early eighties homage now and again. Some people believe they were born in the wrong era or decade; I am happy with athleisure casual most days. It’s just a day that starts warm and ends cold and blustery that brings out the Studio 54 in me.
Except for the pants and the tank, all the items from this look are sold out. You can recreate the look with your own blend of contrasting faux fur jacket, dangly earring, and stacked heel bootie.
WSET Level 2 Certified Wine Lover, DuPage County Brand Ambassador. DME + Orthotics By Day, Adoring Home Life and Travel by Night.
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- Seven Reasons You Should Visit the Animal Sanctuary Near Me - September 16, 2019
- Understanding German Wine Labels - September 11, 2019
- Classic Journeys Review: Luxury Touring? Oh Yes. - September 8, 2019
- All the Tools You’ll Need for a Blind Wine Tasting Party at Home - August 26, 2019
- 5 Reasons Why Northwest Montana Should Be Your Next Trip - August 11, 2019
- Three Crisp American Whites for the Dog Days of Summer - August 5, 2019
- Friday Fun in Itasca at Eaglewood Resort and Spa - July 24, 2019
- Stafford’s Perry Hotel: Where to Stay in Downtown Petoskey - June 28, 2019
- How a Sox Fan Survives Wrigley Field: Wine at Wrigley Field Concessions - June 25, 2019