Last Updated on October 11, 2019 by JaimeSays
In the course of five minutes today, it downpoured, snowed, and hailed. I had no idea this kind of crazy weather was coming, but it reminded me of how cold I was for date night this weekend. I had to wear a scarf and my faux fur coat! You’ll always want to be prepared for a quick outfit change.
March in Chicago is fickle: some Saint Patrick’s Days I am wearing my favorite winter pullovers and other times it is coatless in sandals. I am hoping the latter is the case this year, but after today’s weather, I am not too hopeful.
This is one of my favorite funky looks for a night out. It is inspired by Jennifer Lawrence in American Hustle. As soon as I saw that movie, I started wearing big earrings, loud faux fur, and body hugging clothes. I know Eddie thinks it’s a little…loud, but call it the Midwest in me, I adore a late seventies early eighties homage now and again. Some people believe they were born in the wrong era or decade; I am happy with athleisure casual most days. It’s just a day that starts warm and ends cold and blustery that brings out the Studio 54 in me.
Except for the pants and the tank, all the items from this look are sold out. You can recreate the look with your own blend of contrasting faux fur jacket, dangly earring, and stacked heel bootie.
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- The Chicago Return of Spanish Great Match Does Not Disappoint - July 18, 2023
- Finding the Right House and the Right Movers - February 6, 2023
- Free Things to do in Wisconsin: Tour Two Frank Lloyd Wright Designs - January 8, 2023
- Love Architecture Travel?13 Cities with Architecture Open Houses - November 14, 2022
- An Afternoon with Bodegas Salentein - October 20, 2022
- Fall Wardrobe Staples - October 13, 2022
- 5 Small Town Midwest Architecture Tours Worth Taking - September 9, 2022
- Things to Do This Month in Chicagoland! - September 1, 2022
- I Hired an Interior Designer and Was Disappointed - November 10, 2021