Last Updated on September 8, 2022 by JaimeSays
I can’t believe it has already been nearly a year since I wrote something new on this blog. Parenting zaps all free time that ever existed! There are so many things that have changed in my life since I last wrote on this page. My son is walking all over the place, I’ve started working for someone else for the first time in 13 years, and the fun of a big, decorative yard has been replaced with the strains of backaches and the cost of maintenance. Phew!
I’m still very interested in the viticulture of wine and the study of wines, but cooking and cleaning have been taking the wheel for now. Trying to make sure my son gets proper nutrition and that I don’t make anything too crunchy, salty, or spicy takes time! To be honest, there are many crock pot days and 30 minute meals. Some of my sons favorite meals include when I make fish from Sitka Salmon Shares rotating arsenal of fish, and anything from The Clean Eating, Slow Cooker book.
And travel isn’t really in the budget nowadays, but I’ll be gladly sharing anything about family friendly activities in the area. That being said, I have parsed through my emails, a physical newspaper, and IG to share so many fun suburban things to do this month. Sorry downtown Chicago, you’re too dangerous for me right now.
Things to do This Month in Chicagoland
- Saturday, September 3rd (LEMONT): Una Noche de Tango with Chicago Philharmonic Chamber Ensembles ($15)
- Wednesday, September 7th + Saturday September 10th (OAK BROOK) : Wildflower Walks ($5)
- Friday, Sepember 9th (ELMWOOD PARK): Taste Some Wine at the Inagural Village of Elmwood Park Sip N’ Stroll Wine Tasting ($40)
- Friday, September 9th (ELMHURST): New Installations Debut with Food Trucks and DJ ($15/adult, free for under 18)
- Sunday, September 11th (GLEN ELLYN) : Glow in the Park Lantern Walk ($10)
- Sunday, September 11th (WHEATON): Come for Free Swing Dancing Lessons and Stay for a Concert by the DuPage Community Jazz Ensemble (FREE)
- Every Monday, Starting September 12th (LA GRANGE): Bingo at the American Legion ($15)
- Thursday, September 15 (WHEATON): Cosley Zoo Uncorked Wine Tasting ($50)
- Saturday, September 17th (BRIDGEPORT): Support Independent Artists and Businesses While you Get a Professional Portrait or Killer IG Photo at The Portrait Market ($8-$15)
- Saturday and Sunday, September 17th and 18th (WARRENVILLE): Live Music and Art Festival Art on the Prairie (Free)
- Friday, September 23rd (NAPERVILLE): DuPage Children’s Museum Pajama Party will have pop-up exhibits and wind down story time for kids
- Saturday, September 24th (LOMBARD): Enjoy food trucks, live music, and raffles at the Lombard 50th Anniversary Celebration and Food Truck Social
- Saturdays and Sundays All Fall (WHEATON): Tractor Drawn Wagon Rides Take you Around the Danada Equestrain Center ($5)
Do you have a suburban event or things to do this month in your community that you’d like to share? Send me an Instagram message or email me and I’ll be happy to add it.
- Finding the Right House and the Right Movers - February 6, 2023
- Free Things to do in Wisconsin: Tour Two Frank Lloyd Wright Designs - January 8, 2023
- Love Architecture Travel?13 Cities with Architecture Open Houses - November 14, 2022
- An Afternoon with Bodegas Salentein - October 20, 2022
- Fall Wardrobe Staples - October 13, 2022
- 5 Small Town Midwest Architecture Tours Worth Taking - September 9, 2022
- Things to Do This Month in Chicagoland! - September 1, 2022
- I Hired an Interior Designer and Was Disappointed - November 10, 2021
- Why I Didn’t Share My Pregnancy - September 18, 2021
Leave a Comment