Last Updated on
I realized just today that August is the only month this summer that I’m spending exclusively at home. In June, I went to Michigan, last month we honeymooned in Idaho, and finally, I am comfortable at home. I’ve been catching up on quality time with my friends and family, golfing, and grilling.
Things to do in Chicago
- Through August 20th: Dunder Mifflin Pop-Up at Replay Lincoln Park. If you love the Office, and are super annoyed that you didn’t get a spot in their “The Office” themed trivia nights, might as well go check out The Dundies.
- Are you a fan of theatre? On Tuesday August 21st, from 5:30-7:30pm at Le Colonial, enjoy 20% off drink tabs while 100% of all tips go to supporting Steppenwolf Associates. Rsvp to TT@boldfacechicago.com.
- August 24th is the last free performance of Shakespeare in the Park. Check out the calendar to find the next performance near you.
Things to do in DuPage County
- Did you know that Friday, August 31st is National Cabernet Day? You know I am kind of particular about my wine, but I also am very into anything novelty, and Perry’s Steakhouse in Oakbrook has a one-day-only deal on magnum bottles for the occasion. Normally priced at $155, for only $99, you can purchase a magnum of Perry’s Reserve Cabernet to enjoy with your meal. Call (630) 571-1808 to reserve your table.
- Polo, anyone? The Oak Brook Polo Grounds host the Chicago Polo Open Championship: Horses and Hops event on Sunday, August 19th, 2018. It’s being billed as one of the first to bring local breweries to the traditionally champagne paired event. Tickets range from $10-$85.
Do you have any fun things you’d like to share? Let me know and I’ll add it to the list!
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- Ottawa's Winterlude Canada: What to Expect - January 20, 2020
- 5 Most Amazing Historic Villas to Visit in Tuscany - January 6, 2020
- Enjoying the Holidays With a Break! - December 30, 2019
- Quashing Imposter Syndrome Over100% Semillon with Château Climens - December 8, 2019
- Fast Facts I Learned from a Master Class on Simply Italian Great Wines: Asti Spumante, DOC delle Venezia, Franciacorta, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano, and Friuli - November 20, 2019
- Holiday Gift Guide for the Entrepreneur / Blogger / Wannabe Influencer in Your Life - November 12, 2019
- What to Wear for Holiday Parties : Tights - November 11, 2019
- Making Space with NewAir 177-Can Black Stainless Steel Deluxe Beverage Fridge - November 10, 2019
- My DuPage County Superlatives - November 6, 2019