Last Updated on July 6, 2018 by JaimeSays
Hello from Idaho! Eddie and I are on our honeymoon, enjoying the fresh mountain air in Sandpoint, Idaho. We love it here so much. Locals say it is similar to Lake Tahoe about 50 years ago, before Tahoe got very expensive and very crowded. We’ll be here for a bit longer, but I wanted to share some links of cool activities and sales that I found just in case you are home and interested.
- I’ve been wanting to golf at Mistwood in Romeoville for a while. It is a beautiful public golf course that recently hosted the Women’s Western Golf Association’s National Amateur Championship. They also just set a new Guinness World Record for longest world record of cooked hot dogs.
- It seems like I’ve been traveling every weekend this summer, so I have missed out on some of my favorite street festivals. Next weekend, July 13-15, Square Roots Festival is coming to Lincoln Square. With 40 craft breweries and 70 live performances, I’ll be sad to miss this one.
- Muddy Waters was an iconic Blues musician whose impact on music lives on today. Did you know he was a resident of DuPage county’s own Westmont, IL? Each year, the Taste of Westmont provides great food and music to celebrate the local legend. This year, the event runs July 12-July 15, with Sunday marking a day long Blues tribute to Muddy.
- If you haven’t read them yet, contributor Shilpa and I each posted a new article this week: one on the best sushi in downtown Chicago and one about the Happy Place pop up museum in Chicago.
We’ve been hiking, boating, exploring….and eating so much. I can’t wait to share more about our time here in Idaho!
- How to Spend a Weekend inNorthern Michigan - September 28, 2020
- Discover Other Oregon Wine Regions to Explore - September 9, 2020
- Easy At Home Cocktails with Spirit Hub - September 3, 2020
- Cheers to 4 Years of Socially Distant Travel Recommendations - August 28, 2020
- Places to Consider a City Escape (For Your Sanity!) - August 6, 2020
- Wacky Wine Exploration with Split Rail Winery - July 21, 2020
- Wild Caught Fish and Sustainable Food Delivery with Sitka Salmon Shares - May 22, 2020
- Mostly Free Online WorkoutsI’ve Sworn By During Quarantine (and Then Some) - April 21, 2020
- 6 Fun Activities for When Your Grand Rapids Weekendis Rained Out - April 15, 2020