Last Updated on
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you.
A Chicago January without snow is no January at all! I know many people dislike snow for the travel delays and the messiness of it, but I adore winter and miss it when it’s gone. That being said, I don’t minds spending lots of time indoors when outdoors isn’t an idyllic snow globe. With that, let’s take a look at some of the fun things going on this January….
The Chicago Travel and Adventure Show: January 12-13, 2019
I didn’t realize how awesome the Chicago Travel and Adventure show was before I actually attended. Why? Because standing around a conference center in Rosemont, IL doesn’t sound particularly adventurous. But, the show is just a vehicle to introduce you to new destinations and get you excited for your future travels. Not only that, there are fun speakers, great food, and animal rides. The show really does work wonders, as I ended up booking a trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan as a result of meeting someone at a booth. The show runs from 10AM-5PM Saturday, and 11AM-4PM Sunday. One day tickets ar $11 for adults and free for anyone 16 years old or younger.
UGC 2017 Vintage Bordeaux Tasting: January 22, 2019
This yearly event sponsored by Binny’s is a can’t miss (and one of my favorites.) At my WSET Level 1 Class, we all had to go around and name our favorite style of wine, and mine is without a doubt, Bordeaux Blends. With over 90 Grand Cru French wine houses offering up their 2016 vintages, it is a great way to refine what you like most in Bordeaux Blends, like whether you are a Right Bank or Left Bank person. The event runs from 6pm-8pm at The Drake Hotel, and tickets cost $60.
Traditional Viennese Opera in Glen Ellyn: January 25-27, 2020
English language operas are fun, y’all! I had such a great time last year at the Mac’s Philharmonic opera and this year is bound to be the same. The McAninch Arts Center at College of DuPage is putting on this lighthearted operetta in English for one weekend only. Shows are for just one weekend only. Tickets are $59/person. Who’s coming with me?
Have anything going on in Chicagoland that you want me to mention? Email me at Jaimesaysblog@gmail.com
Latest posts by JaimeSays (see all)
- 5 Easy Habits of Health to Try This Year - January 28, 2020
- Ottawa's Winterlude Canada: What to Expect - January 20, 2020
- 5 Most Amazing Historic Villas to Visit in Tuscany - January 6, 2020
- Enjoying the Holidays With a Break! - December 30, 2019
- Quashing Imposter Syndrome Over100% Semillon with Château Climens - December 8, 2019
- Fast Facts I Learned from a Master Class on Simply Italian Great Wines: Asti Spumante, DOC delle Venezia, Franciacorta, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano, and Friuli - November 20, 2019
- Holiday Gift Guide for the Entrepreneur / Blogger / Wannabe Influencer in Your Life - November 12, 2019
- What to Wear for Holiday Parties : Tights - November 11, 2019
- Making Space with NewAir 177-Can Black Stainless Steel Deluxe Beverage Fridge - November 10, 2019