Last Updated on June 25, 2019 by JaimeSays
This is NOT a sponsored post; I’m just a fan of good wine at the ballpark.
Sox fans don’t go to Wrigley Field if they don’t have to. But, a weekend day game at Wrigley with a group of friends is somewhat irresistible. Bleacher Report suggests that no one comes to Wrigley Field for the food, but the drink offerings and camaraderie are a different story. Wrigley Field concessions are carrying wine, and man, is it the good stuff.
Wines Available in General Seating
Even in the cheap seats, Wrigley Field concessions have really good wines available. One of my go to’s is The Federalist Honest Red Blend.
Anecdotally, the first case of wine I ever bought was half The Federalist Cabernet Sauvignon and half The Federalist Dueling Pistols, both by Terlato Wines. And would you believe they are both available at Wrigley Field!? I had tried both of them at a friend’s house and realized they were good enough that I would drink them over and over again. I probably should have known then that it was the beginning of a growing wine collection.
The following three wines are available at nearly every wine and spirit stand at Wrigley Field. Other wines are peppered in as well, but offerings for those vary from location to location.
|Federalist Honest Red Blend||Riondo Prosecco||Belleruche Rosé|
|Dark Purple||Effervescent Straw||Deep Pink with Salmon|
|Aromas of Cranberry, Black Pepper, and Red Raspberry||Aromas of Orchard Fruit, Honeysuckle||Aromas of Strawberry and grapefruit|
|Blackberry, cola, cocoa, baking spices on the tongue||Lime, apple, and honey on the tongue||Strawberry rhubarb and some nectarine/stone fruit|
|Full bodied, long finish, med tannins||Frizzante bubbles and almost too easy to drink||Dry with crisp acidity; refreshing|
Wine in the High Rent District
I’ve never experienced any sort of premiere seating at a Cubs game. I neither know the right people nor have the funds to accomplish such a feat. If you are lucky enough to find yourself behind home plate in the Catalina Club, in one of the suites, or one of the other club experiences at the ballpark, you won’t have just regular Wrigley Field Concessions.
Some of the wines that you may see on your menu include the following:
- Maxville Sauvignon Blanc
- Piper Heidsieck Brut Champagne
- Dueling Pistols
- Loveblock Sauvignon Blanc
- Rutherford Hill Merlot
- …MANY, MANY, MORE
Next time you get the choice between an Old Style and some house wine, rethink the house wine. It turns out, there’s some home field advantage.
- I Hired an Interior Designer and Was Disappointed - November 10, 2021
- Why I Didn’t Share My Pregnancy - September 18, 2021
- Awesome Planters for Your Home - July 9, 2021
- 9 Must See Things to do in Columbus, Indiana - July 3, 2021
- Garden Advice for the Newly Suburban Beginning Gardener - June 20, 2021
- 6 Things I Learnedat the 2021 Maremma Toscana Wines of Tuscany Tasting - June 3, 2021
- Cocktails and Mocktails I’ve been Making at Home - April 6, 2021
- Birdwatching: One of the Best Attractions in Southwest Florida - January 13, 2021
- My Endometriosis Story - December 8, 2020