Last Updated on December 31, 2022 by JaimeSays
This post is sponsored by SpiritHub.com. Illinois and Nebraska residents can get 20% off any craft spirit purchases with Spirit Hub by using code “JAIME20” .
When you have children or more responsibilities at home, sometimes you really miss your favorite cocktails from your favorite bars. If you are looking for a way to recreate some of your favorite easy at home cocktails, or even trying to make some new ones, consider supporting a small business through SpiritHub.com.
Because I have a pretty full arsenal of the regular stuff, I decided to use the specials that SpiritHub.com provides by purchasing more specialized spirits. So far, I have gotten Aquavit and Carthusian Herbal Bitters on SpiritHub.com. You may be raising an eyebrow wondering what sort of easy at home cocktails one could make with those. Lucky for you, I will share the recipes I’ve been making or created below.
- 1 Part Aperol
- 1 Part Blinking Owl Aquavit
- 1 Part Lime Juice
Shake well over ice, strain, and serve.
In the Garden
- 2 Oz Gin of Your Choice
- 1 Oz Ghost Coast Carthusian Herbal Bitters
- 1-2 TBSP Mint Simple Syrup*
- 2 TBSP Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Egg White
- Top with Sparkling Water
Shake all ingredients over ice, save the sparkling water. Pour into a tall rocks glass, and top with sparkling water.
*Add equal parts fresh mint, water, and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer for 20 minutes and strain out any leaf bits.
Save the Best For Last
- 1 Part Gin of Your Choice
- 1 Part Ghost Coast Carthusian Herbal Bitters
- 1 Part Cranberry Simple Syrup*
- 1 Part Fresh Lime Juice
- Top with Extra Dry Prosecco (I used Mionetto)
Mix all but Prosecco together over ice, strain out ice, serve in coupe or champagne glass and top with Prosecco.
*Rehydrate dried cranberries, add sugar and water and bring to a boil until thickened. Strain out solids.
If you are looking for some non-alcoholic alternatives, check out this post on cocktails and mocktails.
- The Chicago Return of Spanish Great Match Does Not Disappoint - July 18, 2023
- Finding the Right House and the Right Movers - February 6, 2023
- Free Things to do in Wisconsin: Tour Two Frank Lloyd Wright Designs - January 8, 2023
- Love Architecture Travel?13 Cities with Architecture Open Houses - November 14, 2022
- An Afternoon with Bodegas Salentein - October 20, 2022
- Fall Wardrobe Staples - October 13, 2022
- 5 Small Town Midwest Architecture Tours Worth Taking - September 9, 2022
- Things to Do This Month in Chicagoland! - September 1, 2022
- I Hired an Interior Designer and Was Disappointed - November 10, 2021