Last Updated on November 24, 2020 by JaimeSays
This post is sponsored by SpiritHub.com. Illinois and Nebraska residents can get 20% off any craft spirit purchases with Spirit Hub by using code “JAIME20” .
Residents of Illinois and Nebraska, listen up! With regulations on bars changing far too often, some of us have really missed our favorite cocktails from our favorite bars. If you are looking for a way to recreate some of your favorite easy at home cocktails, or even trying to make some new ones, consider supporting a small business through SpiritHub.com.
Because I have a pretty full arsenal of the regular stuff, I decided to use the specials that SpiritHub.com provides by purchasing more specialized spirits. So far, I have gotten Aquavit and Carthusian Herbal Bitters on SpiritHub.com. You may be raising an eyebrow wondering what sort of easy at home cocktails one could make with those. Lucky for you, I will share the recipes I’ve been making or created below.
- 1 Part Aperol
- 1 Part Blinking Owl Aquavit
- 1 Part Lime Juice
Shake well over ice, strain, and serve.
In the Garden
- 2 Oz Gin of Your Choice
- 1 Oz Ghost Coast Carthusian Herbal Bitters
- 1-2 TBSP Mint Simple Syrup*
- 2 TBSP Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Egg White
- Top with Sparkling Water
Shake all ingredients over ice, save the sparkling water. Pour into a tall rocks glass, and top with sparkling water.
*Add equal parts fresh mint, water, and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer for 20 minutes and strain out any leaf bits.
Save the Best For Last
- 1 Part Gin of Your Choice
- 1 Part Ghost Coast Carthusian Herbal Bitters
- 1 Part Cranberry Simple Syrup*
- 1 Part Fresh Lime Juice
- Top with Extra Dry Prosecco (I used Mionetto)
Mix all but Prosecco together over ice, strain out ice, serve in coupe or champagne glass and top with Prosecco.
*Rehydrate dried cranberries, add sugar and water and bring to a boil until thickened. Strain out solids.
As of this post, the only states Spirit Hub delivers to are Illinois and Nebraska. Hopefully, it will be available in your state soon!
- Birdwatching: One of the Best Attractions in Southwest Florida - January 13, 2021
- My Endometriosis Story - December 8, 2020
- 5 Ways to Enjoy German Riesling Wines This Holiday Season - November 24, 2020
- 9 Reasons to Visit Northern Idaho and Fall in Love - November 15, 2020
- An Introduction to Rogue Valley Wines with Awen Winecraft - October 12, 2020
- How to Spend a Weekend inNorthern Michigan - September 28, 2020
- Discover Other Oregon Wine Regions to Explore - September 9, 2020
- Easy At Home Cocktails with Spirit Hub - September 3, 2020
- Cheers to 4 Years of Socially Distant Travel Recommendations - August 28, 2020