Last Updated on September 3, 2020 by JaimeSays
This post is sponsored by SpiritHub.com. Illinois and Nebraska residents can get 20% off any craft spirit purchases with Spirit Hub by using code “JAIME20” .
Residents of Illinois and Nebraska, listen up! With regulations on bars changing far too often, some of us have really missed our favorite cocktails from our favorite bars. If you are looking for a way to recreate some of your favorite easy at home cocktails, or even trying to make some new ones, consider supporting a small business through SpiritHub.com.
Because I have a pretty full arsenal of the regular stuff, I decided to use the specials that SpiritHub.com provides by purchasing more specialized spirits. So far, I have gotten Aquavit and Carthusian Herbal Bitters on SpiritHub.com. You may be raising an eyebrow wondering what sort of easy at home cocktails one could make with those. Lucky for you, I will share the recipes I’ve been making or created below.
- 1 Part Aperol
- 1 Part Blinking Owl Aquavit
- 1 Part Lime Juic
Shake well over ice, strain, and serve.
In the Garden
- 2 Oz Gin of Your Choice
- 1 Oz Ghost Coast Carthusian Herbal Bitters
- 1-2 TBSP Mint Simple Syrup*
- 2 TBSP Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Egg White
- Top with Sparkling Water
Shake all ingredients over ice, save the sparkling water. Pour into a tall rocks glass, and top with sparkling water.
*Add equal parts fresh mint, water, and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer for 20 minutes and strain out any leaf bits.
Save the Best For Last
- 1 Part Gin
- 1 Part Ghost Coast Carthusian Herbal Bitters
- 1 Part Cranberry Simple Syrup*
- 1 Part Fresh Lime Juice
- Top with Extra Dry Prosecco (I used Mionetto)
Mix all but Prosecco together over ice, strain out ice, serve in coupe or champagne glass and top with Prosecco.
*Rehydrate dried cranberries, add sugar and water and bring to a boil until thickened. Strain out solids.
As of this post, the only states Spirit Hub delivers to are Illinois and Nebraska. Hopefully, it will be available in your state soon!
- Discover Other Oregon Wine Regions to Explore - September 9, 2020
- Easy At Home Cocktails with Spirit Hub - September 3, 2020
- Cheers to 4 Years of Socially Distant Travel Recommendations - August 28, 2020
- Places to Consider a City Escape (For Your Sanity!) - August 6, 2020
- Wacky Wine Exploration with Split Rail Winery - July 21, 2020
- Wild Caught Fish and Sustainable Food Delivery with Sitka Salmon Shares - May 22, 2020
- Mostly Free Online WorkoutsI’ve Sworn By During Quarantine (and Then Some) - April 21, 2020
- 6 Fun Activities for When Your Grand Rapids Weekendis Rained Out - April 15, 2020
- Where to Grab a Drink in Whitefish, Montana - March 8, 2020